Follow our stories as we nourish kids' potential around the globe:
SPOON Foundation, a young and growing global nonprofit, is looking for a dynamic Director of Development to complete our strategic and deeply committed leadership team. We are eager to engage a proven professional with an entrepreneurial spirit to build SPOON’s development program, leveraging our strong relationships, laser-focused mission and compelling early success to advance our organization and our impact.
SPOON is the first and only organization worldwide working to protect orphans and vulnerable children from the debilitating – yet fully preventable – impacts of malnutrition and improper feeding. We have been recognized by UNICEF and Ashoka for our innovative approach and systems-changing work, which has catalyzed national policy change and yielded dramatic improvements in children’s health and development. We are in the midst of rapid, yet thoughtful, expansion, and are eager to bolster our development potential so we can reach more children in more corners of the globe.
Headquartered in the progressive Central Industrial District of SE Portland, we offer a fun and flexible work environment free of bureaucracy and full of passion and big ideas. This key leadership position reports to the Executive Director, and will engage with a team of high-level local, national and overseas board members and advisors. The salary is competitive and the work schedule is highly flexible. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced fundraising professional to creatively and strategically shape the future of an organization, and of the lives of children around the world.
- Lead SPOON’s executive team and board in creating and implementing a comprehensive development strategy and annual fundraising plan, with access to a renowned group of local development experts for support
- Deepen engagement of current SPOON donors and cultivate new donors, with a focus on relational development (individuals, local and family foundations and corporate support)
- Analyze and bolster the profitability of current development efforts and identify new vehicles for donor engagement and fundraising
Key Experience Desired:
- Five years or more progressively responsible experience as a nonprofit fundraising professional
- Demonstrated ability to prospect, cultivate, and manage relationships with major donors with a proven track record of achieving a quota of over half a million dollars annually
- Proven track record in budget and staff development/management
- Experience with marketing, communications and branding a plus
HOW TO APPLY
Submit cover letter, résumé/CV, completed application and two writing samples to email@example.com. Please address the characteristics of a successful candidate, as well as your qualifications, in your cover letter.
SPOON Foundation is the first and only organization worldwide working to protect orphans and vulnerable children from the debilitating - yet fully preventable - impacts of malnutrition and improper feeding. We have been recognized by UNICEF and Ashoka for our innovative approach and systems-changing work, which has catalyzed national policy change and yielded dramatic improvements in children's health and development.
We are seeking a dynamic volunteer to work with our program team approximately 5-10 hours a week. Key responsibilities include organizing our products, providing pre-trip support, developing fact sheets for our products and partnerships, perfecting our international volunteer orientation package, and desk research on partners and grant opportunities.
We are seeking a detail-oriented volunteer to work with our Executive Director and Director of Finance & Operations approximately 10-20 hours a week. Key responsibilities include assisting with mailings, database entry and reports, general office management, such as filing and ordering supplies, and meeting scheduling.
We offer collaboration with an exceptional and fun team, mission-driven work, and an opportunity to make a huge impact in the lives of vulnerable children around the world!
We ask that volunteers commit to the position for at least 3 months. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your interest and availability.