Follow our stories as we nourish kids' potential around the globe:
POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT: Program Officer
SPOON Foundation, a young and growing global nonprofit, is the first and only organization dedicated to transforming nutrition and care for orphaned and vulnerable children worldwide. UNICEF and Ashoka recognize SPOON for its innovative approach and system-changing work that has catalyzed national policy change and yielded dramatic improvements in children’s health and development.
SPOON’s Program Officer is critical to the day-to-day activities of the organization and the long-term success of its initiatives. S/he collaborates with the Program Team and field teams to grow, develop, and administer high-quality and impactful SPOON programs around the world. S/he supports the management of existing projects and grants, collaborates in new program development, responds to internal and external information-flow needs, and contributes to technical research. This key position reports to the Director of Programs and is empowered to creatively and strategically shape the impact of an organization, and of the lives of children around the world.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Grant Administration and Management
- Manage grant tracking of new (non-corporate) opportunities, flag due dates for deliverables, and ensure timely and quality reporting of existing grants
- Manage the proactive research of grant opportunities, make linkages with SPOON’s financial needs and like-minded missions, coordinate and contribute to proposal development, and create final proposal submission packagem
- Manage Oregon Foster Care project and distinct projects as assigned, including designing and tracking work plan and interfacing with partners
- Support the development of new and existing community partnerships for US Foster Care through outreach, support, and collaboration with relevant community organizations and associations
- Contribute to new program development and current program management, including program design, implementation, Monitoring & Evaluation, and ongoing coordination mechanisms
- Support Program Team with coordination of logistical, travel, and technical needs to field
- Support Technical Expert program, including orientation and pre-trip preparation
- Support Director of Programs in ensuring program quality, including supporting the creation of standardized templates for all program outputs, a lessons learned process, Project Cycle Management, and best practices standards and requirements
- Support program communications, including internal and external requests for information both verbal and written
- Build product, country, and program fact sheets in partnership with Development team
- Collect and organize collateral (stories, photos) from the field
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- MPH or relevant Masters degree preferred
- Three years of international, non-profit, and/or community development program management experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required and ability to handle confidential matters appropriately
- Proven ability to prioritize multiple competing requests, tasks, deadlines, needs
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to achieve tasks
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills; experience working with volunteers a plus
- Committed to SPOON’s mission
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: This is a full-time position. Salary competitive. Benefits include health coverage, generous paid time off, participation in our self-care plan, and flexible schedule.
HOW TO APPLY: To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume and completed application to email@example.com. Application deadline: July 31
IT Technical SupportSPOON Foundation is currently looking for an individual to provide on-site technical support for 2 hours per week on either Tuesday or Thursday between 9:00-5:00. Must have previous experience with Mac operating systems and iCloud. Position provides basic technical support to staff, such as password recovery, software installation, printer set up, and general troubleshooting. Great opportunity to work in a fun and relaxed mission-driven non-profit. Rate of pay at $13/hour. Please email a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SPOON Foundation is the first and only organization worldwide working to protect orphans and vulnerable children from the debilitating - yet fully preventable - impacts of malnutrition and improper feeding. We have been recognized by UNICEF and Ashoka for our innovative approach and systems-changing work, which has catalyzed national policy change and yielded dramatic improvements in children's health and development.
We are seeking a detail-oriented volunteer to work with our Executive Director and Director of Finance & Operations approximately 10-20 hours a week. Key responsibilities include assisting with mailings, database entry and reports, general office management, such as filing and ordering supplies, and meeting scheduling.
We offer collaboration with an exceptional and fun team, mission-driven work, and an opportunity to make a huge impact in the lives of vulnerable children around the world!
We ask that volunteers commit to the position for at least 3 months. Please contact email@example.com with your interest and availability.